Tuesday 1 May 2007

A Star

Last night..I discovered a star. A star that I realized, only yesterday, that I have been seeing for a very long time. It's a lonely star, stands proud in the sky, alone, every night. It could be a satellite, I don't know, but I like to think it's a star. It's my new friend, I feel like I can reach out and touch it..I know it's a million miles away, but I feel close to it. It looks like a friendly star, and each night I wonder why it's the only one that's so bright..in fact, why it's the only one I can see. Then I wonder, why does it disappear after a while? It went to sleep, I tell myself. I will have to remember to say goodnight to my new friend every night before I go to sleep..or before it does :) I remember now, whenever I would feel lonely or sad, I would go sit outside in the balcony, or just open the window and stare into the void, I would melt in with the sky..the intense black sky. I would look at the moon, or this star, my friend. It's a very loyal friend, too. It would always be there when I needed it. Never let me down. I can always count on it.

I've always loved the sky, day or night..I always find myself looking at it. But for some reason, I always felt closer to the sky at night. When everything was black, and peaceful. I remember when I would be at the beach at night, everything would be so peaceful..just the sound of the waves kissing the shore, no noise, no kids fighting, nothing. I would stand as close as I could to the sea..just the sea, the moon..and me. I could stand there talking to the sea, my good old friend..the friend that never let my secrets out..the friend that never laughed at me, or criticized my thoughts. My trusted loyal friend. It was the sea that I could always rely on to take all my worries far far away..never bring them back..never give them away. The sea was always like the old wise friend I long for..and the star was the young friend I could share all the exciting stuff with. They were the friends that never left you, never betrayed you..never gave up on you.


They are my soulmates.

3 comments:

  1. I know this star which u r talking about, it's the one beside the Moon, right? i have been whatching it from a loooong time ago, since i was a kid :) if it is this one then watch it carefully during the month, in the begining of the month, when it's a croissant the star will be on its left, in the middle of the month it will be above the moon. It turns around the moon, watch it ;)

    Anonymos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..I'm not quite sure if it is that particular star..but I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well... i knu something in the sky. it is not a star, it is red, shiny red. it is bigger than all night stars. it is a planet and lots of people told me it is Venus ! ! even when all stars go away, it stays beside the moon till dawn time, that is why it is not a star. this is my lovely thing at night. thanx

    ReplyDelete

Can't WAIT to read your comments ;)