Sunday 15 April 2007

Whatever..

So I'm starting mid-terms on monday. Funny thing is up till a few hours ago, I was so relaxed and confident. However, suddenly I started getting so worried that I wouldn't finish studying in time and I've got a ton to study. All that just came out as minor/temporary depression. However, I managed to take some cool shots of the sun setting down between two buildings infront of our house, and I've been trying to do that for a while but the sun always comes out too bright or too dark..never the way it really looks.

They say the sooner you reach the thing you're waiting for, the easier the rest of the way will seem..well, I'm here, and I'm telling them: Yea Right! Here I am, two months, two months only (inshallah) from graduation and it seems like a whole year ahead of me! My God! I knew when i started out at MIU that they were serious about work, but i never thought that they would be THAT serious! I am just so tired. I'm cracking up like an overboiled egg (hehe..what an image!)

As usual I've discovered a lot of things about the people I know through conversations and situations..like recently, I've realized that some people could be really fun to talk to if they stopped focusing on what they did and what they bought and what they're going to do in a million years..basically if they stopped focusing on: me me me me me! When they talk about general things, life, food, stuff..they're really enjoyable!

I've also discovered that some people could be so persistent, that they would do something or say something they know would upset you because a few months back they said that same thing and it upset you back then!! But i also discovered (to my shock) that what upset you a few months back won't neccessarily upset you now :)

I've learned the hard way that being the sacrificial goat is only fun the first few times..if it goes too far, you will realize that you're spreading yourself too thin for people or reasons that are not worth it. However, if you are taking the correct neyya (intention), which is to do this to please Allah in order to gain his mercy, kindness, and love; then you won't feel like people have a "kick me" posted on your back.

I've also learned that saying I've got to sleep early EVERY NIGHT and yet not doing anything about it gets you so FRUSTRATED AND DEPRESSED! so instead of sitting here killing myself, i'll go to bed.

Night..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't WAIT to read your comments ;)